Making new bubbles after 12 years dry.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KI6HNB

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello there. My name is Eric Ennis. I was first certified in 92. Dove about 8 times between then and 95. Then nothing untill a month ago in Cabo San Lucas. Re-kindled the interest. I'm going to be taking an advanced open water class form a local dive shop. Short term goal is to get certified in Enriched air and Dry Suits.

Erick, welcome back to diving. . . It's a shame diving lost you for so long. It is good that you've picked out a local dive store to start up again. If you'll work to meet the divers from this and any other dive shops, you have a better chance of remaining an active diver. Use new dive classes to learn skills your dive buddies already have, but rely on meeting the divers you can share dives with to remain active. If your buddies dive dry suits, you should too. If your buddies want to dive deep, you should prepare your training and experience to learn this. The classes won't help you keep diving. . . they will let you keep up with the dive partners that will keep you interested.

Welcome to :sblogo: Eric. I used to work up in Cameron Park for a short time. Be sure and visit at the NorCal link that Prodiver_ca provided.

Welcome Eric, I stayed out for awhile too, what got me back in was my boat had so much growth on the bottom it would barely move, rather than pay someone I decided to invest in getting some new equipment. Woulda been a lot cheaper to pay a scrubber, but I am happy to be diving again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom