Mako ac105. Happy days!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbomb001

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've had this up and running for 2 years now and it has been and continues to do me well ! Thought I might post some pics. The closest lds to me is a 50 mile drive and they won't do a fill on the spot. So I have to drive out drop off then drive back next day to pick up.. f that. So this is what I came up with for an alternative.
cb615b3c9052259d3f4e66893d8db968.jpg
2a8b8be5434e3e89c474d3b61ec1a4a6.jpg
600321747fd93f4c5937a7b8ea110b40.jpg

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

You "came up" with this? This is a nicer fill station than most dive shops have, with the containment fill station and Mako blue cylinders....

Kudos.

Came up with as in this was my choice as apposed to the 200 miles of driving and yes it is very nice. I could have gotten a small portable unit but I have always had a go big or go home attitude. Cost more then my car did.... I was single then.
I have sense made friends with a local guy that has a membrane system.. his system is nicer then mine lol.

I have AC-06s with a membrane system. They aren't hard to make yourself, but if you are married now, your bride might not appreciate all of the noise they make.... Either a reciprocating or a screw compressor will be loud....

I have been told no on that front lol I don't recall what brand of compressor he has but from what he tells me he can pump 99%o2 to 3500 psi. And he can drain 100% of his helium banks for his try mix blends.. I believe he said it ran him 60k to setup. I'm not even at half that.

He has a Rix then. They can pump 100% because they are oil less. If you were to CB helium, you would be able to pump it down to zero also. You can safely CB nitrox to 40%, I CB it to 36%, I have no need to go higher, but I routinely run at 32%. You need to use a good synthetic oil and replace the third stage piston if the machine has over 1500 hours on it. That's all.

Could very well be. I recall it having 2 maybe 3 motors.. ran on 220. If I recall correctly he achieved "J grade" air. I only have 90hrs on the mako.

---------- Post added September 21st, 2015 at 06:39 PM ----------

He has a Rix then. They can pump 100% because they are oil less. If you were to CB helium, you would be able to pump it down to zero also. You can safely CB nitrox to 40%, I CB it to 36%, I have no need to go higher, but I routinely run at 32%. You need to use a good synthetic oil and replace the third stage piston if the machine has over 1500 hours on it. That's all.
For what reason is the 3rd stage piston replacement ? Is it just called for due to ware ? Or do they get contaminated after so long ?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom