Malapascua Island Trip Report-November 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Bill, I have the same lens (and body), however I was wondering if my 18-70 might be better as I see you have an 18-55 and was wondering if you had used that.

How close did you manage to get to the Thresher?

Yes, I'd definitely recommend the 18-70mm :laughing: I didn't bring my 18-55mm :doh: I worked 14 straight days of 12 hour shifts just prior to coming to the Philippines. I was only partially packed before I left for work. I got home around midnight the night before I flew out and finished packing then. I was worried about making weight (always a concern when you bring both camera and dive gear) I remember thinking I probably wouldn't need it. After I got there and got caught up on my sleep, I wondered what I was thinking :idk:

Closest approach was probably 4-5 meters. There were people in my group who were luckier :wink:

Great pics Bill, and glad you enjoyed the trip again. We look forward to welcoming you back for the next one.

Thanks Matt.... I started this a couple days after I got back, then had a ton of distractions. I'm taking steps to fix some of those things though :wink: Hopefully my house will sell quickly. I hope to have it ready to put on the market in the next week or so. I'm done with Texas for a while... I need to be somewhere I can dive more often!

Best case I should be back around March or April, although it could take longer. The plan is to take 3-4 months after my house sells and just travel and dive :) I hope to spend at least a month on Malapascua next trip, then a second month traveling around the Philippines re-visiting some places and diving the few spots in the Philippines that I've wanted to dive that I haven't dived yet. Then PNG and Australia. Other spots I'm still nailing down, but there are a lot of places in Asia that are on my list :)

That's the plan anyway... we'll see how it all works out :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom