Malaria in PNG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As someone who contracted Malaria in PNG on a dive trip and ended up spending a week in hospital with it...Yes you can get malaria and I was on anti-malaria's! Doxycycline which is the recommend type. Trust me when I say you do not want malaria. It is treatable and quite easily so in the real world BUT trust me when I say you do not want it. It was horrendous unless you consider losing 15 pounds, shaking like a leaf for days, being either so cold you cannot warm up or so hot you want to climb in a freezer! Taking a tablet a day is no real big thing just don't take Larium.

As someone who contracted Malaria in PNG on a dive trip and ended up spending a week in hospital with it...Yes you can get malaria and I was on anti-malaria's! Doxycycline which is the recommend type. Trust me when I say you do not want malaria. It is treatable and quite easily so in the real world BUT trust me when I say you do not want it. It was horrendous unless you consider losing 15 pounds, shaking like a leaf for days, being either so cold you cannot warm up or so hot you want to climb in a freezer! Taking a tablet a day is no real big thing just don't take Larium.
Not to nitpick but doxy isn't very effective...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom