Maldives Kuramathi video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
I've just uploaded a short clip showing some of the dives I did during a family holiday to Kuramathi in the Maldives.

[video=vimeo;74906163]http://vimeo.com/74906163[/video]

I think I've finally got the hang of manual white balance with the Panasonic GH2; most of the clips are basically straight out of the camera, with just the contrast or gain tweaked (especially the hammerheads which were at 30m at 6 a.m.!).

Cheers,
Matt

Last edited:
Thx fishstix. You're almost right! I'm in PAL-land, so I shoot in 50p then convert everything to 25p for DVD or Vimeo. However, the raw 50p clip can be slowed down 4 times in Vegas without much loss of quality, and once I've done that I then render it as 25p. As there are 50 frames to begin with it usually looks OK, unless the camera was shaking (which happens a bit too often!). I haven't tried with 50i, but I guess slo mo wouldn't work so well and you'd end up with interlacing artefacts.
Thanks for watching!
Matt

Back
Top Bottom