Maldives Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ben arthur

Registered
Reaction score
I'm considering going on a 12 day liveaboard in the Maldives between June and August, and have the following questions:
1) I understand that possibly the best conditions (especially re visibilty) are during Dec to March - has anyone been between June to August and if so how were conditions?

2) I'm considering using the Sea Spirit or Sea Queen (via Maldives Scuba Tours) - anyone been on these, opinions? Any other liveaboards to recommend?

3) If anyone has done a liveaboard in the Maldives at any time of year (preferably within the last 3-4 years as i'd be interested to know how el ninho affected coral etc) then i'd love to hear what you thought of the diving.

4) Are sharks regularly encountered on dives (hope so!) ?

Many thanks

been to Maldives 3 times but never on a liveaboard.
Been there once in Aug. I've got 1 day of sunshine out of my 9 days trips. I don't know if it is always like this in the summer.
Coral before El Nino is 9.5 on a 10 points scale and 4 after. It should be better in the deeper water of the outer reef. But the fishes are always there.

I have been to the Maldives in March, and it was fantastic diving (lots of sharks, eagle rays, turtles, a few mantas, dolphins, etc.).
Coral at depth was beautiful, but it was all dead in the shallows.
Go between December and April if you want good vis.
If you are ready to suffer from bad vis, at least go during the fall, when there is a chance of seeing more mantas and even whale sharks.
My 2 cents...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom