Maldives Liveonbaord dissappointment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadudee

Reaction score
Hi all,

Am checking with any of you if you have come across this kind of unpleasant issue:-

1) a group of me friends have paid in full a LOB on one of the boat full board, airconditioned...etc as usual. This was their first LiveOnBoard trip.

2) Just few days before depature, the got a call saying that the boat they are suppose to be hopping onto has broken down. They may need to hop onto another boat of the similiar capacity which all are fine with it.

3) 2 days before depature, they receive a call again; they have to get on to a boat w/o aircondition and need to change over to another airconditioned boat half way of their trip.

4) The divers were asking politely if they can get some concession out of it though unwillingly prepared to go for the trip anyway.

Guess what, they answer is no. I was really surprised by the respond. Well, they ended up doing about 12 dives instead of 15 dives due to the travelling to meet the other boat.

I suppose their LOB first experience has not started smoothly. sigh..I do not wish to state the names since this is just something that perhaps our dive community can look into and do something about it.

scubadudee:
I suppose their LOB first experience has not started smoothly. sigh..I do not wish to state the names since this is just something that perhaps our dive community can look into and do something about it.

Unless it's a personal experience, yes, it's a great idea not to mention names of boats.

Does it happen? All the time, most certainly in a primitive area (in terms of mechanical support and telecommunications infrastructure directly with the ship), and one that is served by many, may small liveaboards. It will happen.

Yes, they still went for the trip. There were lots of complains though minor issue. I do hope I can find one good operator with a decent boat during coming ADEX in April soon.

Back track to the same thread; wonder if travel insurance covers this part of an excursion?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom