Mammoth Lake...Great Vis!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ebj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Got to get in two dives at Mammoth Lake on Sunday afternoon Visibility was great down to my max depth of around 30 ft. It was a good 15 ft and more in certain areas.

What were the water temps like? We had been contemplating the trip down but had heard nothing positive about the visibility and didn't want to drive 4+ hours for muck diving. Looks like it is much better than others have said.

I didn't even bother to check the water temp. It had to be in the mid 80's. I was fine diving in a swimsuit and t shirt with the temp the same down to 30+ feet. The folks diving with me were wearing shortie wetsuits and were quite comfortable.

Nice! I only ask because my son gets cold very quickly (skinny boy) and I always have to plan for him if we get down there.

That is significantly better than when I was last there May 18th. Thanks for the pics and info!

Back
Top Bottom