Manta ray dives - Where else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ishigaki-jima at Manta Scramble, lots of mantas. Keramas islands off of Okinawa-jima also sees quite a few by Kuro-jima.

Dumaguete in the Philippines you'll find plenty of Mantas, as well as reliable numbers of Whale Sharks.

In Bora Bora I went on what was advertised as a "Manta Dive" and spent pretty much the whole dive watching a dozen or so of them either pass slowly by or circle around us.

It was amazing!

I think the R-man was referring to Galapagos. Mobula is apparently a kind of ray similar to the Manta. I saw at least a dozen of them in a school when I was there.

So it seem like the consensus is if I want to stay close to home the Gulf of Mexico or Caribbean is hit or miss. Best bet would be around the Sea of Cortez area. Sound about right? I would love to go to Yap, the Philippines, etc, but it isn't in the cards right now. Thanks everyone.

jeraldjcook:
I would love to go to Yap, the Philippines, etc, but it isn't in the cards right now.

If by that you mean, "not in the budget", be sure to price a trip to the Philippines before you decide it's too expensive. As of yet, it's still a bargain.

And time. Wouldn't I lose two days for the flight there and back?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom