Manta Rays and Sharks of Socorro -- April 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW, WOW, WOW....

Great write-up & awesome pixs..i hope to be diving there someday!

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. It really was a great trip, even with the rough crossing. I can't say enough about Captain Mike, his crew, and the Nautilus Explorer (http://www.nautilusexplorer.com).

I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a liveaboard adventure. They run trips in Socorro, Sea of Cortez, British Columbia, and Alaska. New for 2006 are trips to Guadalupe. Check them out!

And David -- if you think I keep beating you to destinations :), let's do one together. I'm headed to French Polynesia in June. It's a 20th anniversary trip for my wife and I so maybe that's not a good choice! Any other ideas???

Thanks again, everyone!

Doug

debersole:
And David -- if you think I keep beating you to destinations :), let's do one together. I'm headed to French Polynesia in June. It's a 20th anniversary trip for my wife and I so maybe that's not a good choice! Any other ideas???

An excellent idea. I'm probably doing something in July, not quite sure where yet, then on to the Maldives in October, and the Nautilus trip next Feb. So after next February would probably be best. Destinations I have in mind are Cocos and Malpelo, Protea banks, Palau, the Costa Rica coast (papagayo, cano etc.) and Sulawesi for the macro stuff. At some point I would like to get to Bali during the Mola mola gathering, and the list goes on.
If any of these take your fancy, let me know and we can start throwing a few dates around.

David

I've been looking at Palau and Sulawesi myself. I'm planning on going to the Solomons with Eric Cheng in September 2007 as well. Maybe we could start looking into Palau/Yap (are you listening Mike Veitch?) or Sulawesi around April or so 2007. My daughter graduates high school May 2007 so that's a bad month for me. PM me with your email, etc. and we can try to start coordinating our efforts.

Awesome pics!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom