Manual whitebalance c-5060 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guru

Reaction score
How do i use the "manual whitebalance" on my C-5060?
Can i adjust it during the dive?

Hi

I'll answer the second part first .The Manual white balance must be adjusted underwater at the depth at which you intend to take your photos . Olympus call it "One touch white balance " . You will need to re-adjust it approximately every 3m change in depth .

If you can navigate through the camera menu to get to the "One touch white balance " setting just point the camera at either a white dive slate or some white sand .Make sure that there are no shadows on the slate / sand .
Apologies - I don't have my camera or manual here to help you through the menus.

Just bear in mind that you can't use this function when using a strobe .

Just a question - are you using the printed manual that came with the camera or the one on the CD ? The CD one is much more comprehensive .

Safe Diving

Andrew

Thanks...
Will the "One touch white balance" work with the internel flash?

AndyT:
Hi

I'll answer the second part first .The Manual white balance must be adjusted underwater at the depth at which you intend to take your photos . Olympus call it "One touch white balance " . You will need to re-adjust it approximately every 3m change in depth .

If you can navigate through the camera menu to get to the "One touch white balance " setting just point the camera at either a white dive slate or some white sand .Make sure that there are no shadows on the slate / sand .
Apologies - I don't have my camera or manual here to help you through the menus.

Just bear in mind that you can't use this function when using a strobe .

Just a question - are you using the printed manual that came with the camera or the one on the CD ? The CD one is much more comprehensive .

Safe Diving

Andrew

Hi

The answer is no .I've just remembered reading a very interesting article
on this subject : http://www.digitaldiver.net/lib_docs/manual_white_balance.pdf
It explains the whole thing much better than I can .I printed and kept a copy .

I learned a lot from this article - I got good results from my first attempt .Good luck

Safe Diving

Andrew

Another good place for this information is on the canon digital camera website under the underwaterhousings section. They have a great little section on better underwater photography with their cameras and it is pretty much the same process with those cameras as well.

AndyT:
Hi

The answer is no .I've just remembered reading a very interesting article
on this subject :
Andrew

Thanks for posting the link, that's a very useful article and I've been meaning to revisit using the white balance again as it's not so prone to backscatter either.

The biggest problem I had with it before is trying to press the Ok button and support the camera with one hand while my other hand holds out the white slate

I didn't bother with a slate - I just pointed the camera at
a patch of white sand and it seemed to work OK .

Andrew

I'm using a Nikon Coolpix 5000 and I'm sure the WB will work the same way. My question is this... has anyone used this in the Great Lakes.

Dave

Hello, I have an Oly C5060 and I'm using the internal strobe.

You can see some pics I toke here in Portugal, with 3m vis. (very green water) to a max. depth of 16m, in my gallery.

I used the WB set to "fluorescent light 3" ... 4200K I think, I haven't the user manual here with me, so I'm not shure about this value.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom