Manual whitebalance c-5060 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silverback:
I'm using a Nikon Coolpix 5000 and I'm sure the WB will work the same way. My question is this... has anyone used this in the Great Lakes.

Dave
i just dove gilboa quarry in ohio (same as great lakes) as far as vis. I used a oly c5060wz and a oly housing no external flash. I used the flash for the first six pics and turned it off i used white balance with the a set to 5.6 iso 100 and got some of the best pics i ever took with a camera underwater. When i figure out how to post them i will.

Here is a link to the photos i took with my C5060 and pt020
No flash was used only white balance one touch.
A mode set to 5.6
iso 100
underwater mode on
spot focus on
the pics i took with a flash were crap so i quit after the second one and went to white balance.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/holoway@sbcglobal.net/my_photos

Enjoy any questions email me
Aaron

Not too bad at all. Despite the greeny water the reds are very evident. A strobe wouldn't be able to cover that kind of distance.
What did you use to set the white balance? A slate or something else?

orangeBloke:
Not too bad at all. Despite the greeny water the reds are very evident. A strobe wouldn't be able to cover that kind of distance.
What did you use to set the white balance? A slate or something else?

Yeah i used a slate to set the white balance. As far as the Greeny water that was a clear day in the quarry. Most of our fresh inland fresh water in Michigan and Ohio is like that. There are days when the students are in the water that you only have max 10 ft vis till you hit the thermocline.

Well done .Glad you tried it out - sometimes our sea water has that green colour too !!

Safe Diving

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom