Marathon Restaurant suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're willing to head south (actually more west than south...lol) from Bahia Honda you might try the Square Grouper on Cudjoe key. It's a bit pricey, but the food is some of the best I've had in the middle/lower keys. www.squaregrouperbarandgrill.com It's not much further south than Marathon is north from Bahia Honda. Hope you have a nice trip. :)

Diving wise, I enjoy the Vandenberg as well. If you're diving in Marathon, the T-bolt is a fun wreck. Unlike the the V-berg you can see most of it on one tank or actually a double dip is nice.:D

No Name Pub is another must visit place, but also not fancy in any way, shape, or form.

One night we went out for pizza and this place was recommended: we ended up at Springer's on Big Pine Key instead (which had really good pizza).

---------- Post added August 12th, 2014 at 10:49 AM ----------

If you're willing to head south (actually more west than south...lol) from Bahia Honda you might try the Square Grouper on Cudjoe key. Hope you have a nice trip. :)

If you're diving in Marathon, the T-bolt is a fun wreck.:D

We noticed Square Grouper driving down, but ended up at Lazy Days, as suggested by Reefman, for our 'nice' meal. We really enjoyed Lazy Days. The menu price point between the two restaurants is similar, though LD's might have a few cheaper sandwiches.

I've tried to dive the Thunderbolt several times in the past, but the trips always get cancelled due to marine conditions or diver cancellations. The T-bols remains on my bucket list. I believe this was my 11th and 12th dive on the Vandy, which is still a pretty cool wreck to dive.

One night we went out for pizza and this place was recommended: we ended up at Springer's on Big Pine Key instead (which had really good pizza).

---------- Post added August 12th, 2014 at 10:49 AM ----------

We noticed Square Grouper driving down, but ended up at Lazy Days, as suggested by Reefman, for our 'nice' meal. We really enjoyed Lazy Days. The menu price point between the two restaurants is similar, though LD's might have a few cheaper sandwiches.

I've tried to dive the Thunderbolt several times in the past, but the trips always get cancelled due to marine conditions or diver cancellations. The T-bols remains on my bucket list. I believe this was my 11th and 12th dive on the Vandy, which is still a pretty cool wreck to dive.

Oh wow, you already went. Sorry, day late and a dollar short...lol I hope you had a nice time. How was the viz on the Vberg?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom