March 2012 ...The "Who's in Cozumel" LIST!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

March 2012:D

03/01/12 - 03/31/12 - MMM, 'my house', Living Underwater
03/02/10 - 03/10/12 - Token & wife, Villa Las Anclas, diving ???
03/09/12 - 03/17/12 - wjwitt & Wife, Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers
03/09/12 - 03/18/12 - Diver Kat (Kathy & Alan), Fiesta Americana, Scuba with Alison
03/10/12 - 03/18/12 - scubavaquera 'my house', Dive Paradise
03/10/12 - 03/20/12 - Prop Joe (Joe & Kim), Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers
03/10/12 - 03/20/12 - TVMark (Mark), Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers
03/10/12 - 03/20/12 - ts8501 (Tim), Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers
03/10/12 - 03/20/12 - fishmankevin (Kevin & Nancy), Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers
03/12/12 - 03/16/12 - PaulVS, (Paul & Jill), Fiesta Americana, Dive House
03/19/12 - 03/28/12 - kentmorrdave, VillaBlanca, Living Underwater
03/20/12 - 03/25/12 - dogface79, Park Royal, Opals Dream
03/21/12 - 03/31/12 - pjhansman & wife, Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel
03/30/12 - 04/07/12 - robint (Robin & Ron), Scuba Club Cozumel

Last edited:
MY wife and I will be there March 3-10. We'd _love_ to meet up with people...it's our first time to Cozumel and if someone was willing to show us the ropes, it would be really great.

My wife won't be diving, but should I be making reservations for myself now? Will calling around after we arrive be too late?

We're staying at Las Anclas, if anybody knows it...

Welcome Token! Gotcha added to the list! Have stayed at Villa Las Anclas, but it's been some years. Very nice, quiet, but close to all the restaurants and action in town. It's like having a small condo, rather than just a hotel room.

As for diving, I would probably try to make a reservation now. March is a busy month, and you'd have better luck doing a bit of research based on what you're looking for and getting a spot secured now, rather than spending your 1st day on the island calling everyone looking for an open spot. Things like - are you looking to hop a boat in town? Not too many ops pick up in town, so something to look into. (I know Blue XTSea does, and I'm sure some others here can give you some other in-town pick-up suggestions, if that's what you want.) Otherwise you can easily grab a cab to the dive op location. I always dive with my girl, Scuba with Alison, so when staying in town we just make arrangements with the same cab driver to pick us up every morning to take us to the marina where her boat is. Lots of great ops on the island, so you may have difficulty picking!:D

If it's you're first time to Coz, prepare to be addicted!! :)

I agree with Kat... you need to make reservations. Also it looks like you are a brand new diver - are you bringing your own gear? Do you need rental? You need to mention both when making reservations.
FIRST I would order that MAP, then once you get it, you can see where your villa is located, and can decide what dive shop to use according to where they will need to pick you up (which pier).

robin

Cindy! *gasp* That's some big news! And a heck of a Valentine...

I was wanting to check your dates to see if my "considering it" dates might coordinate with yours. So much for that noise.

Will have to try to jump on some June dates. Wedding going on, right?

It was quite the surprise when I got the news myself .......... the upside is that I'll be able to dance the night away at our daughters wedding (which is June 16th at the Villa)!!!:banana:

So, jump on some June dates Seasta!!

Wow Cindy... I wish ya well with the new joint. We'll certainly miss ya'll. I'll type at ya later. I've got some incite on hip replacements. Wishing you the very (pain free) best. Keep your chin up you'll be good as new in no time.
Joe
Edit: Cindy and twin Angels to watch over her:wink:...
p1010052lv.jpg

Ahhh, I love my Angels, Thanks Joe!!!! I greatly appreciate your kind words and look forward to receiving your incite :angel2:

MY wife and I will be there March 3-10. We'd _love_ to meet up with people...it's our first time to Cozumel and if someone was willing to show us the ropes, it would be really great.

My wife won't be diving, but should I be making reservations for myself now? Will calling around after we arrive be too late?

We're staying at Las Anclas, if anybody knows it...

I stayed a few times at Las Anclas before we bought a house here. I know the ownership is different so I can't comment on how it is now. It is about a half a block away from Liquid Blue Divers but since they don't pick up in town you would need to arrange a ride to the caleta. Aldora isn't too far away either and they do pick up in town. Aqua Safari is also nearby and they also pick up in town If you want to leave your diving arrangements until you get there those two would be conveniently located. However you won't get a better deal by leaving things to the last minute and in fact your choices will be more limited.

I'll be there March 2-12 at Blue Angel. It's my first time in coz, and first time posting my itinerary on a board (feels a little strange, but what the hell!). I'm interested in hearing what are people's favorite cenotes!

My wife and I have never dove in Cozumel and wan tto come down in early March. We are torn between Fiesta Americana that has mediocre reviews but seems to have a really good dive shop and the Occidental Grand. We do not mind spending a bit more for value but we really are aiming at diving more than anything this trip. There is also the Presidente - but is it as good as it makes itself out to be for the buck? Does it have a good dive shop?

You can pick a different dive op that will pick you up at your hotel. Don't let the on site dive op drive your accommodation choice. There are many other options.
My wife and I have never dove in Cozumel and wan tto come down in early March. We are torn between Fiesta Americana that has mediocre reviews but seems to have a really good dive shop and the Occidental Grand. We do not mind spending a bit more for value but we really are aiming at diving more than anything this trip. There is also the Presidente - but is it as good as it makes itself out to be for the buck? Does it have a good dive shop?

Back
Top Bottom