March training in the works

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Two of our biggest marinas have large curtains under them to stop lake wave movement from entering the marina.

I’m inside them a few times every year doing inspections and repairs but very few of the team have been inside. It is like a small shallow wreck dive as there is only one way in and out that is only about 2’ square. Once inside it is big with bracing going every which direction.

After some classroom work Two of us will take them in one at a time for as long as they like. I don’t foresee any problems with anyone on the team as none of them get rattled by tight spaces.

Some of the sections are like a fruit crate and you can see out of the small spaces. Other sections are solid so it’s as dark as it can get. The lights WILL be going out.

I need to get some pic’s of them. I don’t know why but I just don’t have any.

After everyone doing so well on the blackout and entanglement dives last week we are just going to add some stress to the situation.

I have seen some people do this and end up with their eyes being the size of dinner plates. I already know my guys will come up wanting more of it. Sicko SOB’s they are.

After that we plan on doing some of the local wrecks. We have everything from a crane at 50’ to an almost intact tug that’s deep (143'). In between we have old steamers from 65’ long to 150’ long in a wide range of depth.

The last few trainings have been focused on something both physically and mentally stress related without a lot of fun involved. You would never know by the pic's :D Next month will be a half a day of stress problems and a day and a half of play. But play has a lot to offer.

Here is a sat pic of the biggest marina. The curtain runs all along the south edge and from the entry bridge on the west to the south. At the marina entry on the west side, where you can see the boat, is a wreck called the Bonita. She is an old steamer lake tug 65' long that runs north and south under the marina entry. She is directly under the bridge. When they built the marina I pitched a big enough fit that they moved the bridge 5' to the north to keep from totally distroying the wreck.

Time for some fun.

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom