Mares 72x 75x

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

axluba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all. I am looking for someone who has any kind of experience with the Mares 72x or 75x first stage.

I am looking for a diaphragm first stage that will perform well in cold water and that offers at least a 5th low pressure port at a reasonable price (in EU).
These seem to do the trick (72x not environmentally sealed out of the box but doable) but I can’t hardly find any info out of the usual infomercials..

Thx!

Is there any reason in particular you're looking at Mares as opposed to Apeks for example, given they are cold water rated, some models available with 5th port option and in the EU not scary expensive?

The DST? The only reason is lower cost of the mares 72x that I can find in packages with a 2nd stage for the price of the DST + 5th port...

They are “dirty cheap” but there might be a good reason for that:D

I’m open to any options, my goal:
- 5 lp ports (routing needs with my LP inflator, primary and secondary on the right)
- good in cold water
- environmentally sealed
- diaphragm (Not sur still researching but it seems better for cold)
- 2nd stage compatible with a 90 elbow (underarm
- not crazy expensive

Edit: don’t bother I think I’ll create a dedicated tread for this question :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom