Mares Axis Pro free flow problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs.Prages

Contributor
Reaction score
has anyone had problems with Mares Axis pro free flowing all of the time nd did you find a way to fix it?

paula, do we have the same reg? i know mine's a mares axis, but not sure of the pro. anyway - yes, yes i have had that problem, just this week. not yet, gotta call the lds & see if they fix 'em. and let them try to give me crap because i didn't buy it there - i've lived here a shorter time than i've been diving!! (glad to know you finished your aow, baby!!)

I think actually we do have the same reg. very strange. This may be worth investigating.

Mrs.Prages:
I think actually we do have the same reg. very strange. This may be worth investigating.

I still have a Mares Axis (pro?) that had a slight creep. I had a slightly worn first stage seat, so I took it in for service and it's just fine now. The seat looked like it had a chunk taken out of it. The creep wasn't terrible and I was foolish enough to do a few dives on it before I realized what was going on.

What kind of free flow? Do you mean small bubbles from the second stage or bubbles shooting out 3 feet from the reg?

It's a little more than a slight creep. Definately not a full on free-flow.

It's odd that both my, and Paula's did it this weekend (both of us have the Axis Pro). Neither had any problems prior to this weekend, and they were bought new in November, and mine only has about 20 dives on it.

do it easy's right, it could be a first stage problem. IP creep can cause this, I had the same thing happen to me using a Mare MR12 first stage.

Prages:
It's a little more than a slight creep. Definately not a full on free-flow.

It's odd that both my, and Paula's did it this weekend (both of us have the Axis Pro). Neither had any problems prior to this weekend, and they were bought new in November, and mine only has about 20 dives on it.

The earlier (early nineties) MR-12 first stages were infamous for poor high pressure seat life. I moved away from Mares back then for this reason. Of course, I was in the water a lot, and went through at least 3 high pressure seats a year. Usually after about 60 or so dives the second stage would start a slow bubbling, caused by intermediate pressure creep. Then it would get gradually worse. Other than that, I really liked the Mares regs. One would think that they would have corrected the problem by now.
If your LDS replaces the HP seat, the reg will probably be fine.

Thanks for all the info. Talked to joe at ScubaToys and they are going in for their services tomorrow

what did joe think it might be, paula?

He didn't say, he was just going to go ahead and do the annual for them and take them completely apart and not charge for parts.

Back
Top Bottom