Mares excite pro VS avanti quattro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redcancer

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone had experience comparing fins performance of MARES of Excite Pro VS Avanti Quattro+?
th (1).jpeg
<<Avanti Quattro VS Excite Pro>>
th.jpeg

I would love to know any insight about it's pro & cons using it for diving with medium to strong currents conditions in tropical water.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Excite Pro is a bit narrower, but longer fin, slightly larger thrust area, a bit more rigid blade though. Same or very similar weight and buoyancy. For me it is better in current, but requires stronger muscles. Never had any issues with cramping or anything negative. I like EP over Q+. I know this may sound subjective, but I have more control with EP, both frog kick and flutter. And it's much easier to turn, slow down or even back fin with EP's. EP is a bit better for snorkeling too...
The only con I can come up with is that the bungee strap is not adjustable, but it rarely is.

Back
Top Bottom