What fins to purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
AE Puccinelli

AE Puccinelli

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am an older diver, but in very good shape. I have tried different fins, including Force Fins, and I cannot seem to generate the power I expected. At present I have Scuba Pro Seawing type. I tried ,many differing kick styles and still can't keep up with my wife in current. I have read about the Mares Avanti Quattro Pro. and the Tusa HyFlex. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions?
Appreciate the feedback.

I have used the Seawing Nova and the Seawing Nova Gorilla. The Gorilla provides more propulsion, so if you like the Seawing design, but want more propulsion, you may want to try the Gorilla. It's the same fins, but with a stiffer compound.
The new super nova is better than the gorilla, if he has big feet and can use the big pool in Sonora he can try some different fins.

The new super nova is better than the gorilla, if he has big feet and can use the big pool in Sonora he can try some different fins.
The new Supernova looks interesting. However, the only criticism I've heard of it from the one user I know is that it's a bit "soft" feeling. Personally, I'm waiting for a Supernova using the Gorilla's stiff compound before I consider it. (I like my Gorillas, but I am also a sucker for the latest gear, so I will probably succumb to gear acquisition syndrome when they come out with a stiffer version.)

The new Supernova looks interesting. However, the only criticism I've heard of it from the one user I know is that it's a bit "soft" feeling. Personally, I'm waiting for a Supernova using the Gorilla's stiff compound before I consider it. (I like my Gorillas, but I am also a sucker for the latest gear, so I will probably succumb to gear acquisition syndrome when they come out with a stiffer version.)
I’ve used them all and don’t think they feel softer,they do provide much better control than original or gorilla.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom