Mares equipment, nitrox and cold water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rafal1676

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi I have Mares Dragon AT MRS+ BCD and Mares Carbon MR42 reg and octopus. Is it safe to use it with nitrox up to 40% ( mostly 32 or 36 %) or do I have to do some service prior to using it with nitrox. What about cold water is my reg. ready for cold water or again i have to install some kit prior to cold water diving.
Thank You Rafal

Your regulator is good up to 40% nitrox in the U.S. with no modifications. Your regulator is a fantastic cold water reg as is. If you are interested in making it extremely reliable for cold water application, you could add the MR 42 cold water / enviornmental (dry) seal kit.

416852COLD WATER DRY KIT (MR42, V42, LE)

Thanks for the question and your purchase. Stay warm!

Best,

Hi, BCD is fine also. No problems. Have fun!

Zak

Hi, I have recently purchased a carbon 52 reg, but in the uk and plan to use it on nitrox, can you tell me what modifications I would need to make and where in the uk is best to carry this out?

thanks in advance,
John

Hi, I have recently purchased a carbon 52 reg, but in the uk and plan to use it on nitrox, can you tell me what modifications I would need to make and where in the uk is best to carry this out?

thanks in advance,
John

Hi John,

You have a good question. I'm afraid I am not familiar enough with EU rules re: diving equipment to tell you exactly what is needed. I would expect it just needs the regular O-rings replaced with Viton O-rings. If you haven't dived it, or hooked it up, it may not need to be O2 cleaned. I think that's about it. Again, not being familiar with the rules, I recommend you contact a local dealer and inquire with them. Go to Mares, click on the sales network tab and find the nearest dealer / authorized Lab for the best technical support.

I hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom