Mares icon HD net - odd transmitter problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uuuh,

I hope that isn't a general problem of the new firmware. :confused:
As posted by wampire his NetReady stucks in Diving Mode. Computer seems to stuck while performing some operations.
May be when reading the transmitter data the error occurs and icon stops working. Reactivation may be caused in the bidirectional mode of transmitter and icon.
Transmitter says: Here I am again! And Icon answers: OK. Let's do it again!:D
But that also should happen when regulator was switched to another tank (transmitter from no pressure to pressure)

Uli

The same situation happened to me in Cayman. The transmitter and computer stop talking to each other. Two dives - no air data. Had to use console.. Could have been worse. I am glad I always come with redundant systems . Anyway, I guess I assumed the battery in the transmitter was going out. I could pair but no data. Just thought the battery was too weak to talk. Now I am wondering it the battery was ok. I switch to a fresh battery and that fixed the problem. If I can find the battery I took out (think I brought it home), I will test it. Could be that the computer firmware has a bug as Zoranb suggests. Not sure how to know. I would like to hear from Zak on this one.

Nabbodiver

Same issue here... Last dive I used a pony bottle (no transmitter on the pony) and my computer stopped calculating my air... Next dive, the transmitter is pairing but no data!

I will replace the battery tonight and try it again... If this is an issue, I guess I will have to buy a transmitter for the pony... :confused6:

I'm already at 3.0.6 (Latest)

---------- Post Merged at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Well, I replaced the battery and it is working... Would it be possible the battery warning isnt showing out of water for the net module??? My old battery voltage was at 2.856 vdc.

Interesting!

@Mares: Fix it! Do it!

DGtek,

Do you have a Transmitter with the serial number printed on the bottom of the transmitter module? I sent my original transmitter in for replacement as mine was one of the first ones produced (no serial number printed) and it had battery drain issues. The "Low Battery" warning never displayed on my computer, it just stopped talking. I blamed it on the old transmitter. Now I am wondering if it is a communication error between the computer and transmitter and the only reset is to take the battery out of the transmitter and put it back in. What a pain especially if one is out on a boat.

Yes, i had mine replaced as well. It was working just fine until it happened. It seems that it's hard to get it to be stable. I have now hooked a pressure gauge to be on the safe side.

What kind of battery does it take and what size o ring?

Just a quick note, I've been diving with my icon and transmitter all summer and did not have a single problem... Althought, I must say that there's always that moment of trepidation when I've got the tank on my back and I turn the icon on.

It's those 5-10 seconds of suspense before the air reading turns from "--" to "200" that I have every time I dive just because I've had the display stay at "--" for the entire dive because of the faulty something. Be it the transmitter or the icon itself I don't know.

Also I feel kinda stupid every time someone asks me why I have a huge 19mm wrench in my dive kit. (so that I can remove the transmitter, open it up, remove and re-insert the battery to regain the pressure readout).

Mares, Mares, dev team, are you reading this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom