Mares Ikon Bladder rupture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cole53

Registered
Reaction score
I purchased a Mares BCD earlier this year. during this trip it stopped holding air. At first i thought it was a stuck relief valve but on further inspection it must be leaking from the internal bladder. there appears to be no obvious trauma, however there is also no obvious way to access the bladder without undoing the stitching.

I'm new to the sport. Is there any hope for economically salvaging this? Would i have any luck with Warranty.

It was purchased in a dive shop in Calgary Alberta Canada.

1st i am sorry to hear about your problem.

2nd fill up your bathtub with water and put your BC into the tub. take the manual inflator button and blow air into the BC and look to see if there are any bubbles comming from it that you can notice.
if you do not see any you will need to take it to the shop you bought it from and have them send it back to mares.

if you go onto mares website, or go to the equipment manufactors section of scubaboard into the mares forum you will beable to find out if your shop you purchased the BC from is an AUTHORIZED DEALER or not. if it is not you might have problems with the warrenty.

last let me suggest that you go to the mares section of scubaboard and repost this question. ZAC OHARE or however his name is spelt will respond to your question and beable to help you out better. he is mares's resident employee that is here on scubaboard and knows all the ins and outs of the warrenty info you will be seeking.

hope this helps you out and gets your BC fixed for you. Good luck

i did one better for you pal and sent ZAK a link to your question, so he should be either responding to you here in this forum, or sending you a private message to discuss your problem.

and his member name is ZAK OHARA

hope this helps you out

Back
Top Bottom