Mares Iris USB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MelC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I haven't been able to find this in the North American market, just the serial version. I have seen it advertised online at certain European sites, however and on the Mares site. As I have a sister who lives in the EU I was thinking of getting her to pick one up for me but want to confirm first whether it is compatible with (a) my north american purchased nemo and (b) my north american computer.

Can you let me know?

Mel,

We just received the Iris w/ USB cable. It is available for any Mares dealer in the U.S. and Canada to order one for you. Yes the euro / model is the same and compatible.

The USB IRIS is the same whether used in North America or Europe, but it is availible here also. PM me your location and I can find a dealer for you.

Phil

My location is in my profile, Toronto, Ontario, Canada but an online retailer would do.

Don't bother with it.
I am yet to see anyone actually make the Iris work with consistent results.
Do a search on here for iris and have a read of all the problems people have had with them before you shell out your money.

Sydney,

Do you have to be so negative all the time? Many of those with issues had them resolved, most of the time it is due to conflicts within their computer. Many were due to the serial version, but with the USB version this should be resolved and we do have a support site to assist people http://glfp.homeip.net/irissupport/

Have some fun today :)

Phil

Thanks for the response. I had done some research on this which is why I was holding out for the USB version...the fixes around the serial port issues on a usb only laptop were too much for my little brain.

Mel

Phil,
'Looking for USB in Southern California. Also looking forward to the Longbeach Scuba Expo in June, and I think that a Nemo/Iris demonstration booth would be worth showing....
Brian

bkfawcett:
Phil,
'Looking for USB in Southern California. Also looking forward to the Longbeach Scuba Expo in June, and I think that a Nemo/Iris demonstration booth would be worth showing....
Brian

Phil is in Italy at a product meeting, so I'll respond for him.

Southern CA is a big area, please give me a city and I'll help you locate a dealer with the new Iris / usb.

We will be at the Long Beach Scuba Expo with a booth showing all of our current and new products. Your suggestion about the demo is a good one and will be taken into consideration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom