Mares isotherm problem...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

somewhereinla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Yesterday while I was doing a night dive, my Isotherm suit zipper's failed and entirely floaded my suit with water. Both edges of the zipper just "opened", "snapped"(not sure what the exact wording should be)... This is a brand new 2006 suit with only 3 dive on it. Do I need to send it back to Mares. Can I fix it myself?

It is hard to say if you can fix it without seeing it, which kind of answers your question.

I am sorry this happened, best advice would be to have the dealer send it back under warranty.

Regards,

Phil

I pulled the Zipper back and now it seems to be working again... It basically split opened. If you pull the zipper back to it's starting position and then close it again it seems to work...

If the Zipper is defective, wouldn't it make more sense for me to send it to Mares directly with the original receipt? How long does it take?

The TZIP is self correcting. Did you use the lube that comes with it?

You can send it back to us directly if you want, you will need to contact our customer service deparment. 203 855 8666.

If you are in LA, UPS takes one week each way, plus we will turn it around in one week. So approx 3 weeks from when you ship.

Phil

Phil Mintz:
The TZIP is self correcting. Did you use the lube that comes with it?

Yes I did, actually the day before.
I am diving again tomorrow so we will see.

Thanks for your prompt response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom