Mares M1-Buttons is "very" hard to press

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

superkingkong

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just got a M1 brand new, didn't really try it on the spot. Last night i was configuring/playing with it, setting the right time and stuff. After a few presses, i need to stop, a few presses, stop. My fingers, especially my thumb, was swollen.

any work around? or it is designed to be like this? please advice.

thanks.

Oh, yeah. The M1 buttons suck (been talked about a lot on the board in the past). I think you can get finger dcs trying to get the light to stay on (gotta hold it down for a couple of seconds, which is an award winning feat).

Between the bad buttons and the fact that getting the iris to link to your computer takes a degree from MIT, the M1 is best forgotten, as Mares moves on to the M2.

But hey, otherwise, I love mine. I dive it strictly in gage mode.

At first on my M2, I thought I had to press really hard on the buttons... But then figured out that I didn't really need to press that hard, but sometimes just needed to keep them depressed a bit longer to activate the function (especially when I needed to press both at the same time)! Give it a try! Press a bit less hard, but keep it pressed for over a second. See if it works... This might not be your problem, but it's worth a try...

Good luck!

cool dude, will try that on.
i think i notice... if i press the button (mode) too fast, the mode on the screen is not able to change that fast. what i'm trying to say is, if i press the button 3 times within 2 seconds, the mode that i want will appear only after about 3-4secs.

maybe you are right, when something is not moving, you "think" that the button you presses is not hard enough, so, you'll press real hard, but in actual fact, it will take about 2 secs to change the mode :)

will give it a try :)

well, tried it on, it's not that bad after all, it's slow in responce :) but still have to a bit "hard" :mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom