Mares Nemo Computer <Any one have this>

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blowin_bubbles:
Yeaaaaaa - we have lift-off :dazzler1:
Finally, the NEMO and IRIS have made friends and downloaded. Cool.
RSTICK's notes from 8-10-05 are correct....
The serial adapter to USB connector is the one that works.
(I should mention that i was never able to connect with the one guy at Mares who provides tech support on the NEMO - but i assume he's diving, so, we'll forgive him!)

Happy it worked out for you.

Once you get the dives into IRIS, it's pretty fun to look at them on the computer and add log details. The scubase software will also let you import the IRIS logged data (most of it anyway) and is awesome with flexibility.

Ray.

I had an M1 and hated it, the buttones were akward to press especially with 5-7 mm gloves. I have the Nemo comming in afew days and I have heard nothing but great things about it. I was told that you can get a cover to put over the face so it does a not scratch. I hope I don't need wrist extender for my 7mm suit. Are they hard to get?

adrisen:
I had an M1 and hated it, the buttones were akward to press especially with 5-7 mm gloves. I have the Nemo comming in afew days and I have heard nothing but great things about it. I was told that you can get a cover to put over the face so it does a not scratch. I hope I don't need wrist extender for my 7mm suit. Are they hard to get?

Mine came with a wrist extender. If you don't get one with yours (I suspect you will), Contact Larry at www.scubatoys.com. He helped me get a replacement band for mine.

I've never heard of a cover for it. I've never managed to scratch mine on anything other than tight restrictions in caves. And they aren't bad scratches at all. Not what I expected, considering the scraping I gave it trying to free myself. It definetely doesn't hamper my vision of the display.. top notch on scratch resistance if you ask me.

Dove twice last weekend and used the iris to load my dives into my PC. I had some problems only because I couldn't remember which com port I had selected (4). Then struggled a little with alignment of my m1 into the iris. After a couple of tries it started downloading and everything is running just fine for now.

I just got my Nemo and love it. There is a clear rubber cover you can get, which helps to protect the glass.

Back
Top Bottom