Mares Nemo LCD Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scc135

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I had my Mares Nemo flood during a dive in sept. I dried it out as much as I could, left it drying for a day and then powered it up. It turned on, without any issues. I turned it off again and did not turn it on again until earlier in the month to prep for another dive. It now seems to be missing LCD segments. I popped it open (it was already out of warranty) and thought it could be a dirty zebra strip or dirty contacts on the LCD or PCB but after cleaning them, it is still missing segments. I'm guessing the proprietary IC under the epoxy has an integrated display driver and might need to get replaced. Is it even worth it to get it sent back for fixing or is it just a lost cause? It functions from what I can make out from it, but I can't really read it.

Hi there, Sorry for the delay, I've been in Vegas at our tradeshow. Anyhow, I'm afraid your probably out of luck. You are certainly welcome to take it to a dive store, have them send it back to us for evaluation. My guess is after the flooding and missing pixels, this watch would require being sent back to Italy for repair. I would then also assume the repair could possibly cost more than your willing to spend to fix.

Back
Top Bottom