Mares Nemo upload problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not yet. Through the board I was able to locate/call a Mares U.S rep who took my info and forwarded it to a tech in Italy. He is trying to troubleshoot the problem, basically he is saying it is an alignment problem between the computer and IRIS reader, that the problem exist in the finicky computer alignment not the reader. He sent photos in an attachment that suggest a few different ways to align the computer with the reader. I'll keep trying but if I don't get some resolution to this problem there's going to be one less chicken in the neighborhood...

I have had a Nemo since they were first released in Australia and I must say I really like using it, except for the downloader.

I submitted a post once saying that I managed to get the IRIS and Nemo to work. But that was after ALOT of trying computer configuration, different PC's laptops etc. You name it I tried it. Also got a file from MARES in Italy with instructions on different positions.

Now basically I found that the only time I managed to get the IRIS and Nemo to work together was after downloading one of the other Mares computers, such as the Airlab.
Then I tried the Nemo and it worked just as it should have!

If I restart the computer and do not first download one of the other computers Nemo won't download. So it seems that after you blow a heap of money on the downloader, the other accessory is another Mares computer to make the thing work.

Now before you ask I have nothing against the company. I will happily promote the NEMO, but will certainly let you know about the downloader problems at the same time.

What's the measurement from the computer to the reader????? Never knew there was one. I'm having the same problem...keeping getting an error message, after load one to three bars. Just downloading the new 2.2.2. software and unzipping it is a *****!!!
All the Best, Lars

What's the distance from the computer to the reader???? Didn't know there was one.
I do everything I'm supposed to do and still get an error message telling me to check various things...the all inclusive error message I guess! Thanks Lars

Spent quite a few hours myself. Same error message. Resolved by changing the com port, on both the nemo and the system. It works.

For alignment problems, I find diving under the bed sheets helps - ie keep the interface and computer in a darkened area, when downloading (It looks pretty too)

I also can't download from Nemo, a mares m1 works fine on the same setup.
With the nemo, I don't get any error message, it does nothing, no blue bar, no error message, eventually the Nemo PC mode times out and I have to cancel.
You would expect that with the price of the IRIS it would be better quality. with it being so finicky about positioning you never know if the IRIS is faulty, the NEMO is faulty or it's just positioned wrong. Mares,IRIS software should produce a log file.!!!

When will a Dive Company get it together and use BlueTooth for Data Transfers ?
Its like you are moving a heap of data.

Cheers
Chris

My IRIS reader hasn't worked in so long I forget if there's a flashing light in the read port that blinks when reading from NEMO. I'll try fiddling with the com ports and see what happens. Otherwise, IRIS is going to have a date with the trash compacter...Rob in Arizona

Did you ever get that IRIS working for you? If so, what was wrong. I'm still having problems. I'm about to do the Mexican Hat dance on the darn thing, then commit sepaku...Thanks, Rob in Arizona

Back
Top Bottom