Mares Nemow Wide Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Advokat

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a Nemo Wide Computer and after a dive it go's into desaturation mode and switch it off after I get all the info about the dive. Some time later the computer switches itself on back into desaturation mode, which uses neebs of bataries.I've done about 30 dives on it and the battery is already on 20%.A friend of mine owns one as well and has exactly the same problem.Is there any way of fixing it?

Several additional posting of problems with the Nemo Wide made during June were "lost" with the ScubaBoard Crash.

But has any determination been made as to the cause of these problems and is there a solution at hand?

Thanks

I am sorry for not following up quicker, but with all the lost posts I lost track.

The Nemo Wide we received back was throughly tested by our engineer, at first he could not replicate the problem, but then he did. Technically there was nothing wrong with the software, he determined that it was an electronics issue.

We have not had this reported around the world, only on the few reported here. If you have this issue please contact me and I will arrange to have yours checked and replaced if neccessary. It is important for us to see the serial numbers so we can track down if it was one assembly area or is more wide spread.

Thanks,

Phil

Phil

Thanks for the update - glad the problem was finally diagnosed.

What you found makes sense.

Electronics is a "love/hate" relationship.

Thank you and the Mares Team for great customer service

Phil Mintz:
I am sorry for not following up quicker, but with all the lost posts I lost track.

The Nemo Wide we received back was throughly tested by our engineer, at first he could not replicate the problem, but then he did. Technically there was nothing wrong with the software, he determined that it was an electronics issue.

We have not had this reported around the world, only on the few reported here. If you have this issue please contact me and I will arrange to have yours checked and replaced if neccessary. It is important for us to see the serial numbers so we can track down if it was one assembly area or is more wide spread.

Thanks,

Phil

Hey, how can I get my checked in Australia, as it's a bit uncomfortable with battery charge level increasing or decreasing every day.thanks

This is the contact for the offices in Austrailia. Tell them the issue and they should help. If you have any problems, send me a note.

Phil

Cape Byron Imports & Wholesale Pty. Ltd.
+61 266 857185
Byron Bay

Phil, I've contacted Cape Byron and got told to send the watch back to the dealer I have purchased it at, which is in US. I thought Mares has a world wide warranty...am I wrong?

Yes we do, but typically if a product has a problem the first option is place of purchase. Cape Byron may not be familiar with the problem.

Please send me via PM an e-mail address and who it was purchased from. I will have someone take care of this. Note our offices in Italy will be closed until late Aug. for vacation.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom