Mares Parts and Service (split from Mares new limited edition)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
<This discussion about Mares products was split from the discussion about the Limited Edition rollout found here Snowbear>

Well, Mr De Stefano, here is a revolutionary concept you might consider as a long time buyer and user of Mares gear, howabout making parts available in the United States!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile, the HUB is stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The limited Gear--ho hum, I have a Toyota Tundra TRD LIMITED. Note the word LIMITED. The only thing that limits it's purchase by others is the price tag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So by revolutionary, I assume it will be a HUB with titanium bits and a regulator that you cannot buy a rebuild kit for and it will cost bunches--no thanks. I will just buy the regular Mares stuff and just trhow it away each year because I cannot find parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you get the idea that parts and service are a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????.
Nemrod

Nemrod:
Well, Mr De Stefano, here is a revolutionary concept you might consider as a long time buyer and user of Mares gear, howabout making parts available in the United States!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile, the HUB is stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The limited Gear--ho hum, I have a Toyota Tundra TRD LIMITED. Note the word LIMITED. The only thing that limits it's purchase by others is the price tag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So by revolutionary, I assume it will be a HUB with titanium bits and a regulator that you cannot buy a rebuild kit for and it will cost bunches--no thanks. I will just buy the regular Mares stuff and just trhow it away each year because I cannot find parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you get the idea that parts and service are a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????.
Nemrod

Nemrod. It is not an HUB. About parts available in the USA, you are right, we suck. About your Toyota I do not know....
Nemrod come on relax. What about all this !!!!!!!!!!!!! / ???????????????? . It is just an year I am in Mares. Give me a break. We are changing in the USA we have a new VP in place, new warehouse , new Customer Service, an Italian product marketing is moving to the USA. We have hired a new Produc Manager in the USA and moved her in Rapallo (Italy) to design a better line for the USA and to help us to be closer to you market. Be nice , give me some time.......and if you do not want to buy the Limited it is up to you......I am not forcing you.... but do not judge before the time.
Just one thing, if you do not buy it .....you will miss something unique.......
Ciao, I am late for my dinner, Nemrod.

stefano di martino:
Dear all,

More information will be on www.mares.com. Feel free to ak me questions. Ciao.Stefano :10:

I'm sure your new product will turn the diving world upside down; I'm real happy for you. Now, tell me where I can get some parts for a Dacor reg????

Steve (never buy Dacor/Mares again) Sullivan

Hey guys-

I have no connection to Mares (other than I use and love my Volo Power fins). So this is just an observation:

If the head of a major scuba manufacturer can take the time to participate in this site, can't we be a little more appreciative, gracious, and hospitable? We've got an opportunity to give direct unfiltered feedback. Let’s make use of it.

"If the head of a major scuba manufacturer can take the time to participate in this site, can't we be a little more appreciative, gracious, and hospitable? We've got an opportunity to give direct unfiltered feedback. Let’s make use of it"

Uh, excuse me but I am not about to tell him something that is not true--their parts and service suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been a Mares diver for 20 plus years and the same problems they have now have always been. I will see men (and women) land on Mars before I will see a rebuild kit for a Mares regulator!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I do appreciate his participation and his enthusiasm and I hope it is for real and I am sure he is a nice person and I am thankful he at least listens. OK, now do something because in America, talk is cheap, action is where it is.

As to Toyota, if Mares was anything like Toyota then there would be no competition for them, too bad they are not. A good product is one thing, support and longevity and stone cold reliability is where it counts down the road. Good intentions don't help on the side of a mountain in my Toyota or at 130 feet with my Mares.

All that said, my next regulator will be a Mares, why, I am a glutten for punishment. N

Nemrod, this is pretty off topic don't you think? Maybe start a new thread about parts?

Mares and Dacor are owned by Head, based in Holland and Austria. ( www.head.com ); Right now their stock price ( http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=HED&d=t ) is in the crapper after consistantly losing money over the last several years. One can only do so much with tennis racquets and skis.... hopefully the Mares line will do well in the US, because Dacor, once an American dive equipment leader, is now all but irrelevant. One should aways beware buying life-support equipment from public companies where dollar/euro earnings pressure is of paramount importance.

Also, if Mr. DiMartino did indeed work for Nike, then one can expect a culture of "style over substance" to infiltrate Mares.

Oh, I see, an underwater seagoing Segway! Oookayyyyyyyyy. I think I will pass on that item.

Actually I am rooting for Mares to pull off something nice and until you need parts and service it will likely be great, then you will discover that everything they make is actually very limited---in parts and service and warranty. N

Nemrod:
Oh, I see, an underwater seagoing Segway! Oookayyyyyyyyy. I think I will pass on that item.

Actually I am rooting for Mares to pull off something nice and until you need parts and service it will likely be great, then you will discover that everything they make is actually very limited---in parts and service and warranty. N
I have to disagree about that as my experience with Mares Service was outstanding.
I bought my regs in Germany before immigration to Canada. They had a 30 year European warranty. After the first service in Canada, the octopus started freeflowing and the shop wasn't able to fix it so they contacted Mares. Mares told them to put a brand new octopus on my rig and send them the defective one. I as well didn't have to pay for a HP seat as Mares USA honoured the European warranty :D
If that isn't outstanding service, than I don't know what it is. BTW, it took the LDS not longer than a week to get this response so I'd assume it has a little to do with how bad the shop is trying too :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom