Mares parts for Life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubanomad

Contributor
Reaction score
I keep conflicting information, does Mares provide parts for life of their products or not if you are the original owner? And for how long does that really apply until they stop production or and whats the true life cycle of a regulator?

I think they provide reg parts for two years to the original owner I believe, provided he or she gets it serviced within 12 months of purchase.

The following policy is for N America only. Mares has a lifetime free service parts replacement policy for the original purchaser (only), if product is purchased from an authorized Mares dealer, and is serviced within the recommended intervals (keeping records). The policy extends for the life of the product and can vary by product. We are still servicing regulators over 10 - 15 yrs old in most cases. The reality is we provide service parts for our regulators longer than most divers own them.

I hope this helps.

Just to clarify, this policy covers the parts that are regularly replaced during annual servicing, but not all parts. For example, I just had to replace the poppet in my mares regs and it was not covered ($35 for the part).

If the regulator was purchased from an authorized mares dealer, you are the original purchaser w/ receipt of purchase, regulator has been maintained at the recommended service intervals determined by Mares, record keeping of the service intervals is intact, and lastly, the service is performed by an authorized Mares dealer, the poppet would fall under the parts policy. It is very possible, the tech, and or dealer was not aware or forgot about the policy. We also cannot mandate the dealer follow the policy. Note: this does not cover labor costs of the dealer to service the equipment. Only applies to the parts.

snip..., snip... We also cannot mandate the dealer follow the policy. Snip..., Snip...
Zak, so if in Canada an authorized dealer says warranty parts are available only for the first two years, will he be getting those parts from Mares without charge presumably, and then charging me if they're needed after two years?

The following policy is for N America only. Mares has a lifetime free service parts replacement policy for the original purchaser (only), if product is purchased from an authorized Mares dealer, and is serviced within the recommended intervals (keeping records). The policy extends for the life of the product and can vary by product. We are still servicing regulators over 10 - 15 yrs old in most cases. The reality is we provide service parts for our regulators longer than most divers own them.

I hope this helps.

I wonder then why as soon as Mares ships (or maybe announces) a new version of a computer (Icon Net Ready) they abandon any thought of updating any flaws in the firmware of it's predecessor (Icon HD) even though they do update the same flaws in the new model and it is essentially the same computer.

True story. I got screwed this way. Won't buy any more Mares equipment regardless of what their "policy" is stated to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom