Mares Pegasus vs Aeris 5 Oceans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to Scott Zeagle, there is a 35lbs option NetDoc was diving with a 44lbs version.

SangP

Do you have to go through a LDS to get those options? I can't seem to find it online. I don't like my LDS. He doesn't want to repair anything he didn't originally sell...

Do you have to go through a LDS to get those options? I can't seem to find it online. I don't like my LDS. He doesn't want to repair anything he didn't originally sell...

It's best you contact NetDoc or scott directly as they will be able to tell you how to do so. Your lds might even be able to get the 44 lbs wing in a special package for you.

Netdoc:
NetDoc@ScubaBoard.com (407) 745-1516
Pete "NetDoc" Murray

Scott Zeagle:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/members/scottzeagle.html

SangP

... that will happen with almost any BC if you don't use a crotch-strap (that's at least my experience):wink:.

I completely agree with you. However, it is even more of an issue with the Pegasus on me because it does not even cinch down completely on land.

I have never worn another Medium sized BC that had this problem. In my mind, a Medium should not have a completely tightened waist size of 34 inches. Mares seems to have made this particular BC with more rotund body shapes in mind.

As I stated in my first reply, my body leaves me in an in-between size for everything. I love the fact that wetsuits come in in-between sizes these days. I hated looking for wetsuits before the Medium-Long came around. BC's are sized to accommodate the masses, I understand that. It is just unfortunate for people that happen to be in-between sizes. Just an example, for the average BC sizing chart, my chest is one size, my height is another size, and my waist is a third size. It's not overly easy to find a great fit that you are comfortable with when you basically have to settle.

I completely agree with you. However, it is even more of an issue with the Pegasus on me because it does not even cinch down completely on land.

I have never worn another Medium sized BC that had this problem. In my mind, a Medium should not have a completely tightened waist size of 34 inches. Mares seems to have made this particular BC with more rotund body shapes in mind. [...]

Ok, that's a helpful information:). I'm rather slim myself and I am thinking about buying a Pegasus - looks nice, it's lightweight and I could get it for a reasonable price. Hmmm, difficult.
Think, a one piece harness would solve such sizing problems. Another argument in favor of a BP/W solution:eyebrow:.

Ok, that's a helpful information:). I'm rather slim myself and I am thinking about buying a Pegasus - looks nice, it's lightweight and I could get it for a reasonable price. Hmmm, difficult.
Think, a one piece harness would solve such sizing problems. Another argument in favor of a BP/W solution:eyebrow:.

Possibly,

I still don't think you could ever convince me to go full-time with a crotch strap though, and that seems to be the BP/W way. Plus, I don't see the justification for a BP/W for recreational diving here in the beautiful south Florida waters.

34 is slim? How tall are you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom