Mares Prestige MRS Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We use Mares gear for class and the Prestige is one of the BC's we use. They are a big bulky BC and wouldn't be good for travel. I would look at the Mares Dragon (their most popular BC) or their Hybrid. The Hybrid is foldable and light weight. If you can find a used Mares Vector Origin, they are also a small lightweight BC. I have one that I use for pool classes and travel.

I wouldn't worry to much about weight integration because you would have to take them out and return them at the end of every day. The dive charters supply weight belts & weights.

I meant maybe you should keep checking out all the options for a while before jumping on one you may end up wanting to replace in the future. I know it's fun to get new stuff, but................

I just took the Prestiges out of my rental program. Great BCDs for looks, comfort, pockets and such. The integrated weight pouches seem to want to get out fairly readily unexpectedly at times though. As someone mentioned, if you're looking to travel, there are a fair amount of newer lighter BCDs out there now.

I would look at the Mares Dragon (their most popular BC) or their Hybrid. The Hybrid is foldable and light weight.
---

Actually, I'm trying get my hands on the new Mares Hybrid MRS Plus, but it's not yet available. My dealer told me that Mares says it won't be available until some time in April, 2011.

My trusty 12-year old Zeagle needs to be replaced, and as Ontwreckdiver writes, the Mares Hybrid MRS Plus looks more like a lighter, more portable BCD than the Dragon, and I'd prefer that.

Last edited:
Appears to be on sale at scubastore.com (search google plus MRS hybrid plus). Can't post URL because I am new.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom