Mares Puck Deco Icon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jean-Louis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,
When i review past dives in the LogBook section of my Puck, some dives where i had a bit of deco to do are shown with the word ''deco'' alone, and some with the downward arrow just under the word ''deco''.
What does it mean, when the arrow is shown?!

Thank you!

JL

Hi Dude!

On my M1, the arrow stays if you ever went above deco ceiling before completing it. Ie: Wave action sometimes brings the depth to 9 feet instead of the wanted 10. I briefly looked over the manual online but it didn't specifically point it out.

But here is where you can get it in french if you want to look:
Downloads - Mares - just add water

Yo Mel!!!

Thanks! This could be a very good explanation. I haven't found anything on this in the manual, wich i have read a zillion times!

I do remember going up to 9 instead of 10 on the last dive, but i would have tought there would be a larger window before the computer freaks out!
(as i suppose there is if you set it in meters instead of feet)

See ya thursday at St-Tim!

Chicken Joe

My Suunto recommends that 10 ft deco be done at 15 ft for exactly this reason. There is no problem with being a little below the ceiling but there is if you go above. Even if you hang below 15 ft the deco should clear just a little slower.

....What does it mean, when the arrow is shown?!....
Deco ceiling violation?

divepal_mares_puck_deco_violation.jpg

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom