Mares puck pro and deco question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is an interesting thought I wonder how much you unload on 100ft vs a 40ft ascent...I imagine the deeper the dive the higher the risk?

Depends on the model (specifically, how fast is the fastest tissue compartment), but generally deeper's more likely to trigger this. And you'd have to ride it right up to 0 NDL too probably.

I think if PADI tables were calculated that way for 60 fpm, they have marginally shorter bottom times compared to 30 fpm version. However the difference is probably not worth the effort and using them with slower ascent rate provides a slight safety margin like you said.

PS. ISTR Wienke has a different formula for calculating NDL in one of his writings. If that's implemented in RGBM computers, they don't work quite like I described.

Is this correct? I thought PADI teaches 30 fpm for ascents; I'm not sure if they still recommend 60 fpm for ascents from greater depths (still in Rec, of course) and then 30fpm for the more shallow ascents.

What PADI recommends when using a computer is follow the manufacturer's instructions. Those can be found in the manual for the computer.

Their own ascent rate protocol applies only to the RDP.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom