Mares Puck Pro Battery Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chieftains

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I bought a Mares Puck Pro last November in the Canary Islands. The computer has only been used on 29 dives (31 including the Mares test dives) and the battery is already low (flashing). The manual says it should last for 300-500 dives. I do not use the backlight and only dive in water temperatures between 19-23c (in the Canary islands on two holidays).

Should the battery deplete so quickly? Could I have a faulty Puck Pro or battery?

Thanks for your help :)

I bought my Puck Pro in Feb 2017 and on it's 7th dive (total dives) the computer died--opened the battery compartment topside and it blew off like a cork out of a champagne bottle--big gooey mess inside where the battery acid leaked. I don't know if Mares is sending out it's new computers with old or generic batteries or what. I replaced the battery and O ring and it fired right back up and worked fine the rest of my dives. Will be diving it again at the end of this month and if I have any more problems I'll post it here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom