Mares puck vs nemo sport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pdethier

New
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am pretty new to scuba, and I'd like a simple alternative to the dive tables. I've looked at these two mainly because they're under $300 and provide nitrox support, a specialty I'd like to get certified for in the near future. Which of the two is better? (I'm open to any suggestions, as long as they're under $300 and can do nitrox).

Thanks

The Puck has user replaceable batteries which is nice (I wouldn't get one that doesn't have user replaceable) and a bigger, easier to read display. I beleive the backlight can stay on permanently as well.

The Nemo Sport looks a little nicer, more like a watch, does not have user replaceable batteries and I beleive the backlight only stays on for 4 seconds (like the Nemo Excel which is what I own).

Both use the same algorythm (rgbm, which is pretty conservative) and look like they have all the same features with similar displays which seems like the case with most Mares (except the new color LCD one). Aside from differences in things like batteries and backlight, all of their nitrox computers are essentialy the same except for they look.

I've seen a description that says the Nemo sport has user replaceable batteries but other descriptions don't specify.

I'm looking for wrist computer and would prefer one that can be used as a watch as well. The Nemo sport can be found for almost $200 cheaper than the Oceanic Geo. Is there any difference between them that's worth the difference in the cost?

I've seen a description that says the Nemo sport has user replaceable batteries but other descriptions don't specify.

I'm looking for wrist computer and would prefer one that can be used as a watch as well. The Nemo sport can be found for almost $200 cheaper than the Oceanic Geo. Is there any difference between them that's worth the difference in the cost?

You can get the older model of the GEO here for $250. Not sure what the differences are other than that Oceanic uses a more liberal algorithm than Mares.

Bought the Mares Puck last year and love it sofar. Easy to use, easy to read (and my eyes suck) Bought mine on ebay (sorry) and it should last me a while!
G

Back
Top Bottom