Mares Quad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check scuba.com late at night. They have had the Mares Quad and Mares Smart watch for as low as $202.95 and the puck pro for $140. I am not a fan of the 1 button puck pro.

Check scuba.com late at night. They have had the Mares Quad and Mares Smart watch for as low as $202.95 and the puck pro for $140. I am not a fan of the 1 button puck pro.
What I did was taking a screenshot of scuba.com and sending it to Leisure Pro, and they sold it for the same price.

Many of the online retailers change the pricing from MAP to much lower over the weekend, over night etc.

They then come back to the Minimum advertised price-MAP-normally 10-15% off the MSRP.

If you want the real best price, check around a bit, then call.

MAP will be history and you will have a few extra dollars in your pocket.

Thanks for all the info guys. I work early in morning so late night might not be an option. Hopefully will get the price over the weekend. Appreciate all the info as I officially am a noob.

I don't because I've no experience with Mares gear but I took the Quad out on her maiden voyage yesterday at Catalina and was very happy with it. Super easy to scroll thru the menu's and super easy to access all data. Easy to read and I found the large, stiff strap really easy to don the thing. Glad I got it.
Have you been able to do any more dive with the Quad? If so, any updates, good or bad?

I ordered one and it came in defective. Screen display issues. Sending back to get replaced. I will post some thoughts when I get one that works properly.

for that price, I would look at the Deepblu Cosmiq if you want a good screen. If not, spend up a bit for an OSTC, Shearwater, or maybe Divesoft Freedom. While the Quad and Nemo are going to have bigger screens, they're still casio watch style which are not easy to read, and the computers listed above are very very easy to read. If you can wait another few months, @Deep Six will have their computer out, which is still a Casio style screen, but the price point and two button will make it quite attractive at the sub $200USD price point

I might beg to differ. Having just put 14 dives on my new Cosmiq+, I'm not impressed. While the depth and no deco times are easy to make out, everything else is very tiny. The safety stop timer is unreadable on a sunny day. I'm actually now considering the Quad.

I purchased mine off Scuba.com for $220 ( currently listed at $349). Funniest thing , the price would drop on the Quad every evening on this website, not sure if this was a glitch on the website or not, but I would check it out. Very happy with mine, I am a new diver and enjoy the features it has, no issues yet.

New Quad came and it had a dead battery, lol. Just awesome luck. However, quick replacement and it works fine. Naturally it came in the day after I returned from Cozumel, so it will be a few months before it gets used in the open water.

I read the Mares Quad has a deco planner. Has anyone used if to plan and/or execute a deco dive? (not trimix, just air/Eanx and O2)

Back
Top Bottom