Mares R2 Axis "freeflowed"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harvo

Reaction score
My R2 started freeflowing, I was only diving 17ft. I keep a close eye on the P.G.
I got 1 hour down time compared to 2 hours.

I tried cleaning it out myself when I got home and it still freeflowed. Took it to LDS. They cleaned it, and said the 1st stage is sending to much pressure to 2nd stage.

Can you adjust the 1st stage pressure?

The hex nut on the side of the 2 stage, is that to adjust the air flow?

Does anyone else have a problem with the R2 Regulator?

Harvo once bubbled...
My R2 started freeflowing, I was only diving 17ft. I keep a close eye on the P.G.
I got 1 hour down time compared to 2 hours.

I tried cleaning it out myself when I got home and it still freeflowed. Took it to LDS. They cleaned it, and said the 1st stage is sending to much pressure to 2nd stage.

Can you adjust the 1st stage pressure?

The hex nut on the side of the 2 stage, is that to adjust the air flow?

Does anyone else have a problem with the R2 Regulator?

First of all, if you need to ask these questions it's not such a good idea to go about this yourself. Spend some time reading up on regulators first. You can find a good book about it at www.airspeedpress.com

To give a short answer to your questino, yes you can adjust the pressure from the first stage. The way to do it depends on the requlator in question.

The hex nut on the 2nd stage is to open it for adjusting. In some cases you need a special tool for it.

The last comment I'd like to make is that your regulator shouldn't have "started" freeflowing unless something changed. Just tightening up the 2nd (or 1st) stage if the intermediate pressure (1st stage pressure) is creeping is not a good solution. I hope your LDS didn't take a shortcut when the "fixed" your reg.

R..

Diver0001- thanks for the comment. Currently it is not freeflowing, I'm going diving this weekend, hopefully it does not give me any problems.

The first stage is a R2 as well, it was a set. I bought it from LieuserPro and it is not warranted. My LDS said if it acts up bring it in and the will fix it.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom