Mares R2 Rebel Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UCFKnightDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I want to know some info on this reg, I am thinking about buying, can i take it deep say 150 ft? and anyone who has this reg please commit!!

I own an earlier model. It works well.

However, according to your CP you have less than 24 dives. Why would you be thinking of diving beyond the recreational limits. Have you any experience at these depths?

I have 3 for the familty, all work fine. I typically dive to 50' and on rare occasion down to 90'. I see NO difference in breathing at that depth, although being unbalanced you do feel an increase in resistance as the tank pressure nears empty (yes I did it on purpose just to see what it was like, the last 300PSI had increased resistance). I can't tell you about 150', I have never been there, don't plan on it.

I have one as well. I personally have loved it so far. I have only taken it to 100', but at that depth it worked fine. As noted above, many notice an increase in breathing effort at lower tank pressures; I have yet to feel it. But I dive too conservatively and haven't tested it for myself.
For my first reg, I have really enjoyed it. :thumbs-up
150' is pretty deep though IMO.... For my training level at least.

just wondering I defintely dont plan to go this deep, at least not at this point in my traing and doubtful ever.

just wondering I defintely dont plan to go this deep, at least not at this point in my traing and doubtful ever.

Then why consider the possibility? What positive information do you gain?

The OP may just be curious where the limit is for an entry level unlbalanced reg. As an engineer, if I want to test some gear (scuba, cars, machines or whatever), I do so at a stress rate higher than the expected use just to make sure I am not on the edge. This is why the machine test on regs are done at higher depths and air rates than normal folks will ever encounter. Its still good infomration to have, within limits.

exactly thankyou

Then, by this line of reasoning, you would purchase an economy auto based on it's performance at 150mph, even though you would use the auto here in the USA where the average maximum speed limit is probably 60mph, with occasional use up to 90mph, and never reaching 130mph. Remember, you only have a recreational driver's license, not a professional race car driver's license (SCCA, NASCAR, NHRA, etc.)

Fractured logic... :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom