Mares regulator ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wantedule

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys !
I own a Mares regulator since 1990 . I believe it's Mares III. ?? It still working perfect and I never had a problem with this one . I'm using it for back up. My main regulator is Scubapro R 190 with MK 14 1.st stage .

On the first stage is number G02803
On the second stage is number 8046761

Can anybody tell me exactly witch regulator I have ?? Thanks a lot .:confused:

Attachments

• MARES REGULATOR 001.jpg
    MARES REGULATOR 001.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 249
  • MARES REGULATOR 003.jpg
    MARES REGULATOR 003.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 269
  • MARES REGULATOR 004.jpg
    MARES REGULATOR 004.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 267
  • MARES REGULATOR 005.jpg
    MARES REGULATOR 005.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 203
1st stage is the MR 12.
2nd stage looks like the Navy (basically a plastic III).

Thanks a lot pal,
I was told that this 1.st stage is not much good from Sepa diver store (ITALY ), but since it's 20 years old I didn't believe that. I was also told that MR 12 is good for colder water ?? ( if we talking about oldies )?? Anyway ,it's a good regulator and I'm going to keep it as my second regulator to the end . I'm just hoping that the parts for the regulator service will be available long enough !
Thanks again and good luck down there !

p.s.
Could you get some informations regarding those numbers on 1.st and 2.nd stage ??

It's a fine regulator.....one of the classics, up there with the Conshelf and the Mk 5.
The service parts are the same as used in their current line-up.....you'll have no difficulty getting parts for many, many years.

Can't help you with the serial numbers.....looks like they're just that.

At one point, before I became thoroughly disillusioned with Mares, I owned MR-12 III. IV. and Navy regs. Of the 3, it is closest to the IV, although the IV I owned had lime green trim instead of red. Since Mares likes to play cosmetics games, it may or may not be a IV. Regardless, all of the above second stages were very good--if you could get parts. The MR-12 first stage is essentially the same as the excellent USD Conshelf first stage, except for the longevity and availability of MR-12 parts, especially high pressure seats. A few years ago, Mares finally got around to designing a new high pressure seat, which is reportedly much better. I would check as to whether the new style seat can be retrofitted into your first stage.

Well thanks again guys !
Do you thing it's a good idea to send those pictures and all to Mares and get some info from them directly ??:blinking:

What info would you need from Mares?
It's a MR12 IV from the late 80's maybe early 90's.
The 1st stage is almost identical to their current MR 12 and uses the same service parts. Plus Aqualung service parts will also fit.
The 2nd stage is classic downstream unbalanced design with the Mares VAD boost tube (which made the III, Navy, Akros, Voltrex and Abyss 2nd stages the best breathing non-balanced designs).....I haven't tried, but I bet the service kit of any one of the models I just mentioned would also fit your IV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom