Mares Semi Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adrisen

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I Phil

I am looking into the mares Semi-dry, can you prodive me with some more information. I am not yet ready to commit to a dry suit so I figured that this was the next best step. How much water is really kept out. IS there specific gloves, boots and a hood to go with it or I can continue to use what I have. I am trying to compare it to the Pinnicle extreme, but leading towrds mares. Love that product.

Ashley Risen

Hi Ashley,

How much water stays out depends on the fit. It does come with a hood. Gloves and boots depend on your which you use. It would be best if you can try it on. Is there a shop near you?

Phil

There is a shop, but I need to find another one. I am in Richmond Hill, Toronto is close. Can the hood be removed. I was told that there were golves and oots that fit perfectly with it then the mares boos that I have now

The question was asked about boots and gloves in another thread. Mares no longer makes boots and gloves for the semi.

Does it keep you warmer, yes! There are several threads on this.

The hood is not attached. We do make boots and gloves that will work well with this suit. I will check for a shop in Toronto and post.

I have a mares semidry and it does keep you warm , but the zippers don't last .mine brook right at the two year mark and now i'm fighting with mares to repair.they all seem to break in the same spot(right shoulder).good suit but be aware.If your going to dive cold waters I suggest bighting the bullett and going DRY ! Go to DUI website and see if they have a DUI DOG DAYS going on in your area,where you can try them on for free in the water .So you can make an informed purchase.

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom