Mares v32 questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c5diver

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a few questions about v32 i know its got SCS but can you you change it to the new hp seat? or is the SCS a better system? second i have seen the oil filled cold water kit on the v32 but does the dry kit fit on it? i have the dry cwd on my mr42 and like this setup over the oil filled setup.

The Poppet and Seat can be upgraded to the TriMaterial system, however it is not the same size as the 42T - it uses the same size as the new 22T. The V42 cannot be upgraded.

I am not 100% sure, but I don't think you can use the "Dry" CWD on the V32. The Proton V32 Extreme which is the latest (and last) of the V32 regs used the "wet" CWD.

thats where i am stumped mares offers several dry kits one for the 12s one for the 42 and one not for 12s or 42 first stages. so does that mean the 22 and 32 just the 22? anybody know?

went back to thank you and the thanks option is gone! so thanks on the seat info..

Parts for the 32 and 22 are pretty much interchangeable. I have not tried it but the cwd for my 22 looks like the one on a 32 Extreme. Next time I have my 32 torn down, I will see if the cwd from my old 22 fits (betting it does).

You don't need a cold water kit or dry kit with a V32. I have a MR22 Abyss without any kit and have never had a free flow. I dive in the Great Lakes where the temps get down to 34F-36F

i hear that often and your right its not a must have. i also dove my mr42 without it for the first year with no problems i do like the cwd option i am just not a fan of the oil filled one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom