MARES vs DACOR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCOODOO

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone.......I am new to the scuba school of wisdom and I would like to know the differences between the mares volo and the dacor tiger/panther other than the price. I am starting to purchase equipment and would like to make a wise decision.:banging:

To the best of my knowledge, these fins are pretty much the same. Mares owns Dacor these days.

For what it's worth though - I'd go with Mares Avanti Quattros

I beg to differ... I just bought the Volos... and they're GREAT!!!

BTW... I opted for the full-foot versions (they cost half of the buckled versions) ... and they feel a lot lighter and faster. I think this is due to less drag from the buckles and the boot section (which does catch water on the upstroke, no matter how well they fit over your boots)

The only draw back to full foot fins is the lack of protection when at surface (I always need to bring beach sandals on board)

I have never dove the Dacor's but when I was researching my Volvo's I ran across several reviews stating that the Dacors are a little stiffer than the Mares. I ended up with the Mare's and I have loved them every since.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom