Mares X-Vision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone owns this new mask? And more important, has anyone compared this mask to the Cressi BigEyes? I would love to hear your comments...

I've never tried the Big Eyes, but I have an X-Vision and field of vision (especially down) is very good. The strap adjustment is very easy to use, even underwater and it fits me very well (of course, results may differ, and fit is everything). I'd definitely recommend the X-Vision.

It's great! You get the great downward field of view that you get with the cressi big eye and horizon. In fact, as far as I can tell, it's identical. The inprovment they have over the cressi (open to discussion) is the upward field of view. You get a few more degrees up. This may be a godsend for some people, others could care less. I presonally love it. The only thing I'm hesitant about is the strap. It's about half the width of every other mask made. To me thinner = weaker, so I'm just waiting for it to snap when I'm adjusting it or putting it on over my hood with gloves on.

How would you rate the fit of the X-Vision compared to the BigEyes?

Even though I love my BigEyes, I have a problem with it. It fits me very well, but once some water enter the mask for any reason (me moving it) it continues to leak very very little but all the time till the end of the dive I have to clear the mask every couple of minutes.

I just hate it when even very very little water enters the mask and then when you look down the water goes on the lens....

If I enter the water and I don't move the mask and the hood fits correctly etc.. no leaks... but if I need to make an adjustment or something then it'll start leaking...

But, is it more snug than the BigEyes? How do they compare?

And for defoging, the patent is Johnson Baby Shampoo. Works like a charm. Hot water, cold water, exhaling from the nose, anything... no fog. At times I spread a little the night before the dive and then I wash it off when entring the water. Very recomended and smells good too :)

And the X Vision won Hands Down and two thumbs up.
for the following reasons

Better field of vision
lighter
lower profile
Nicer straps
easier to equalize
fited my face like a glove
Did not leak when I smiled

OK, you convinced me. I am going to get the X-Vision.

Thanks!

Good luck trying to find the Mares X vision in stock. I've been diving with the Cressi Horizon mask, it seem to accumulate a little water in the nose cup, but other than that I like it. I want to purchase the Mares X vision in black but no one seems to have it in stock.

<<<Good luck trying to find the Mares X vision in stock. I've been diving with the Cressi Horizon mask, it seem to accumulate a little water in the nose cup, but other than that I like it. I want to purchase the Mares X vision in black but no one seems to have it in stock.>>>

www.diveremporium.com
www.divebooty.co.uk (where I got my blackout X-Vision)
www.sebascuba.co.uk (though I can't get them to return my e-mails)

...just to get you started

Back
Top Bottom