Mares X-Vision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone noticed that the strap on the X-Vision is narrower than the straps on most other masks. I doubt that it would break prematurely, but it means that a replacement strap might be hard to find when diving in remote areas. I suppose one could take a generic replacement and cut it down.

I finally got to dive my X-Vision. The view is so large that it really eliminates tunnel vision. Straps must be pulled quite tight to prevent leakage, more so than with some other masks that I have tried, but the comfort of the mask remains high even with the straps tight. Care must be taken on giant stride entries as this mask is more likely to let water in than others if one is not looking out to the horizon and pressing the mask on firmly. At least it clears easily due to its small volume.

Did you ever find a source for spare straps? I just got an x-vision, but need a spare to fit. Great to hear that you like it!

gfisher4792 once bubbled...
Did you ever find a source for spare straps? I just got an x-vision, but need a spare to fit. Great to hear that you like it!

I am afraid it is something you would have to order from a Mares dealer. I have seen some small masks in stores with narrow straps that might fit.

Lead

I just ordered spare parts from LP for the Lirica, X-Vision and Avanti Quatro fins. This will be part of my yearly supply kit. Not expensive and if not used, becomes part of the supply kit for 2K4

Enjoy the ride
:mean:

MaresMan1 once bubbled...
Lead

I just ordered spare parts from LP for the Lirica, X-Vision and Avanti Quatro fins. This will be part of my yearly supply kit. Not expensive and if not used, becomes part of the supply kit for 2K4

Enjoy the ride

Were you able to get a replacement strap for your X vision mask from LP? I emailed them the other day and was told they did not carry X vision mask straps.

I had damn hard time finding the parts on their web site, but after a while I found the parts and ordered. I didn't receive anything as yet, but was able to order. They stated that the order was excepted and on the way. I have never had a problem with LP so far. I will let let you know if there are any issues.

Enjoy the ride

Leisurepro has been on holiday for the last 10 days. No telling what is going on there right now.

My solution to the spare strap issue for now is to pack a spare mask. That covers me for the strap plus the misfortune of someone stepping on the mask or a tank falling on it. On a Blackbeard's some years ago, someone stepped on a mask (it was on a bench) and it was history.

TheAce once bubbled...
Even though I love my BigEyes, I have a problem with it. It fits me very well, but once some water enter the mask for any reason (me moving it) it continues to leak very very little but all the time till the end of the dive I have to clear the mask every couple of minutes.

Interestingly, I had a similar problem with my Horizons so I tried the BigEyes and they just fit my face better. The skirts are supposed to be identical, but because the Horizon has the side glass panes there seems to be different pressure points where the skirt seals with the face. The BigEyes eliminated all the small leaks I had with my Horizons.

Of course, this depends on your face design so ..... YMMV :)

Back
Top Bottom