Mares Xr Buckle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean these?

You mean these?

Yes, exactly the same by the looks of it. However in the UK I can only get the Mares.

that buckle is $50.00 (USD).....

And the issue with a conventional buckle is?????

FWIW, Same concept, different mechanism.

Mares is a single tang connection (Cobra style).

Divesoft is a dual tang. Also has a roller-adjustable option. They are a Czech company, so I'd be surprised if you can't get them to you. Worst case, DGX ships internationally.

For what it's worth, I put a cobra buckle on a BPW harness for a while and didn't like it. They aren't bad, but are far harder to work with when wearing gloves (in my opinion).

Respectfully,

james

that buckle is $50.00 (USD).....

And the issue with a conventional buckle is?????
No issue with conventional buckle, but I'm looking to reduce weight on my travel rig and get a new buckle (mines very stiff) and this piqued my interest that's all.

For what it's worth, I put a cobra buckle on a BPW harness for a while and didn't like it. They aren't bad, but are far harder to work with when wearing gloves (in my opinion).

Respectfully,

james
That's helpful feedback. Anything else 'wrong' with it? Would you have liked it more on a tropical rig where less likely to be wearing gloves?

That's helpful feedback. Anything else 'wrong' with it? Would you have liked it more on a tropical rig where less likely to be wearing gloves?
Wouldn't be a particular issue without gloves, but as it's a different mechanism you need to make sure your buddies know how to release it. It also isn't any lighter than a normal buckle (at least not noticably). If you want lighter, I'd just get a plastic weight belt buckle, and in regards to it being stiff leave a 6 inch (15 cm) tail on it so release is done by yanking the tail.

Just my advice, worth what you paid for it.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom