Marine in two ways

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deedsy

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hello every one I'm Deeds just got certified in June can't really afford all the gear on my military pay check but im about to get a second job so I can I think its worth it. Lived in Okinawa as a kid, now I am volunteering to deploy there so I can go diving. Thats my story.

Welcome to the underwater world, I bet you will love it.
Many new divers are pressured to buy some fancy and very expensive stuff, you don't have to do that. Just do some search on net first, there are so many options (that's what i did after I bought my first and no too cheap equipment:), also there is nothing wrong with buying a used equipment

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

Did you look at prices from the PX? My nephew says he saved a ton on his equipment.

Hi Deeds, I am working to getting back into the sport after many years away, and shall be taking a whole new class soon. First, thank you so much for your service, and I think the advice about the PX sounds right from buddies I mine in the reserves.

Liz AKA Rangerwolf:crafty:

Our exchange is pretty small compared to all the other branches i looked online but had no luck so let me know where to look.
That is a good idea to buy from the px thanks.

Deedsy,

He was stationed in Florida, so I don't know which Air Base. Sorry. It figures in Florida the PX would have alot diving gear to choose from! So as a Marine you should be able to locate PX's that have Scuba Equipment. I take it you can buy at Navel bases also. Good luck in your search ... from an ex, old, Army Reservist.

I just landed in Misawa in June. Have not made it to Okinawa yet. Keep me posted on the dive sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom