Marine park tag (now printout)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wgw04024

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Before it was a wooden tag (which was great), now it's a print out/qr code. Are we suppose to keep that paper with us, or a phone (so it can get stolen lol), or am I turning that paper in at the island to get a 'tag' for my bcd?

Apologize if this has been asked and answered, packing/paying my tourist tax/and all that now. :)

Before it was a wooden tag (which was great), now it's a print out/qr code. Are we suppose to keep that paper with us, or a phone (so it can get stolen lol), or am I turning that paper in at the island to get a 'tag' for my bcd?

Apologize if this has been asked and answered, packing/paying my tourist tax/and all that now. :)
I print it out on waterproof paper, reduced in size to fit in a clear plastic ID holder, and stow that in one of my weight pouches. The wooden tags are souvenirs, not for diving.

So I was trying to find what Bonaire thinks one should do with those sheets, and I ran across this. Is this accurate? Do I need to attend some class at 9am the following morning? It also refers to something about 'getting your tag'. Is that a physical tag in addition to the paper I just bought and saved?

1662830369179.png

So I was trying to find what Bonaire thinks one should do with those sheets, and I ran across this. Is this accurate? Do I need to attend some class at 9am the following morning? It also refers to something about 'getting your tag'. Is that a physical tag in addition to the paper I just bought and saved?

View attachment 742910
Your piece of paper is fine; you want it with you, not on a phone in your room. All are supposed to do an orientation and checkout dive with whomever you are getting tanks from. Where are you staying?

Ok, that makes sense so same as before. Someone mentioned you show your marine park paperwork where you are getting tanks. Can't imagine I'd really need it after that on my person, but i'll keep them in the glove box in printed form.

I usually get my tanks from the Plaza, so the orientation will probably be the usual from them.

All seems good, thanks for the suggestions!

I tuck this into a weight pocket. I've never been asked for it, 2021/2022, or any of the tags I've had previously
1662905300842.png

The last plastic tags were the 2019 anniversary issue. The tags from this year are a souvenir Souvenirs from Bonaire

We print out 2 copies. One for glove box, one in room spare. It is not like STINPA is pulling up next to you while 60' under. They can walk with me to truck if they want to see it, plus they can pull it your info on there phone.
Dive shop requires to see it. They must have proof of your tag before you can rent tanks or dive on boat.

Worst-case if someone steals it from your truck and they do a check at dive site and their phone is dead, you can always bring the spare by their office by Oil slick.

I cannot imagine a need diving with it.

YMMV

Folks … it’s not complicated. Print the QR code and even a copy (front only) of your drivers license. Put these in a plastic sandwich bag and keep in it your glovebox with truck rental papers, etc.

Folks … it’s not complicated. Print the QR code and even a copy (front only) of your drivers license. Put these in a plastic sandwich bag and keep in it your glovebox with truck rental papers, etc.
But this is Scubaboard. Complicated, it's what we do!
:poke:

But this is Scubaboard. Complicated, it's what we do!
:poke:
And no matter how good are the prior answers or how trivial the issue, there is always someone that will have a better way to be doing something. One upmanship trumps common sense.

Back
Top Bottom