Mariner's Learning System Experience...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
OK, I am going to try this. I got my kit ordered last week and it came just before I left for July 4th weekend. The kit contained the following in a nice carry bag:

Instruction Envelope (with online access key)
Calculator
Dividers
Parallel Rulers
Pencil
Sharpener
Eraser
Nautical Map of Long Island Sound
Books:
  • MLS Rules of the ROad
  • MLS Navigation
  • MLS Deck General
  • MLS 25/50/100 Ton Masters Upgrade
  • US Coast Guard Light List Nav Aid Reference

I have not signed on yet, but I have started to read the "Rules of the Road". You really have to pay attention to the nuances of things like NUC (Not Under Command) as they are not what you think they might be. For instance a vessel at anchor with no one aboard does not meet the criteria for "NUC". However, a vessle with a full complement of crew that has lost it's steering due to some malfunction does meet that criteria.

Mselenaous will be taking the course along with me and we will be discussing what we like and don't like as we progress. Wish us luck!

what's it cost? Adam's Marine is about $450 and you are guaranteed to pass. that includes the test.

what's it cost? Adam's Marine is about $450 and you are guaranteed to pass. that includes the test.
Is that for the 6 pack or master license?

Doesn't really help me in NJ, though, although I am planning on heading down there in the fall.

Netdoc,

So, how's it going so far?

It's for the 6pack license. The Master's License with Towing Endorsement is another $150'ish. In my opinion, you might as well get the master's.

Be careful of the courses which guarantee success! They generally only teach you how to pass the test. Although Mariners Learning System wants you to pass your final proctored exam we truly want you to understand the knowledge...

I also suggest clients go for the highest license they can qualify for. With our program it is only one more module and 20 additional questions. For my money whether you use our online program or not... If you are a US citizen then go for your Master License.

NetDoc
How goes the cert? I'm looking at signing up with this company.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom